Sunday, May 18, 2008

SENIOR OLYMPIC TRAINING

Hello everyone and welcome my Senior Olympic training.

I realize that I touched upon my olympic training in an earlier blog. This is an update. Now most of my training is outdoors. In fact I am working out with a local highschool track team. I have often stated that mental fitness is as important as physical fitness. This is especially true when preparing for a competitive event. So with a little over two months before the Senior Olympics, my focus is like a laser. Yes...my "game face" is on. My mind set is as follows:

1) My training sessions must be tougher than the actual event.

2) Test my limits...force myself to reach my limits.

3) Reach my peak performance about two weeks before the olympics.

I work out six days a week. Only walking on the seventh day.



Day one...isometrics, tennis, upper body lifting, practice HJ and LJ and finish with two hours of tennis.
Day two..isometrics.On the track for two hours. Plyometrics, 10 speed bursts (40m) each. Then 10 100m out of blocks.
Day three..isometrics, upper body lifting, practice HJ and LJ, two hours of tennis or racquetball.
Day four..isometrics, then on the track for two hours. Repeat day two but replace 100m with 200m
Day five...isometrics, upper body lifting practice HJ and LJ.
Day six...isometrics, then on the track for two hours. 10 speed bursts and 5 400m. Play softball game.
Day seven...walk for one hour.

Summary:Once a week I get in one hour of sprinting uphill. 40m with a 30m incline. My warmup is for 30 minutes and my cooldown is for 15 minutes. I pulled a hamstring in october and it has taken until April 10th to get it right. Injury is what I have to guard against.

Reference...www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
Have a great life everyone! JIMMY O

No comments: