The exercise ball. You may want to be next to a wall, chair or table when using the ball, especially if you are new to this exercise.
- Sit on the ball, then start moving your feet away from the ball...as you do so the ball will move to the center of your back, almost to your shoulders. Now let your shoulders and neck lay on the ball, your head will be slightly lower than your upper back. With your knees bent slowly roll back and forth. Your feet do not move. This exercise will massage your back as you are looking up to the ceiling. Getting back to the sitting position, begin to move "walk" your feet closer to the ball. Do this exercise for about two minutes. Also consider sit ups (crunches) with the ball at your lower back.
- Spinal flexion..lying on your stomach over the exercise ball. Drape body over ball and relax. slowly roll back and forth to stretch out the spine.
- Standing with your back to the wall, place the exercise ball between you and the wall with the ball at your lower back. Pressing against the ball begin to lower yourself until the ball is now at the upper part of your back. Repeat and try and complete 3 sets, 10 to each set. This is a great exercise for your legs and your back.
- Laying flat on your back, legs straight out in front of you and arms stretched out on the floor and over your head with your hands holding the ball. Now bring your arms and your legs up to the center of your body and place the ball between your legs, between your ankles if you can and go back to the original position. Now come back up with arms and legs meeting at center of your body. Now your hands reach and take the ball. Do three sets with ten to each set. This is a great exercise for your legs and back. To start with, do three sets, five each set; as you get better do ten to each set.
- Reference #two. From this position move your hands away from the ball until only your feet are on the ball...go into a push up stance and do push ups...three sets with ten for each set.
- Hamstring exercise with exercise ball...Lie on your back with your feet flat on top of the ball. Throw your hips high into the air and them up in the air and leave them up-as if you weren't able to bend at the waist or hips. Hold until you can't hold any longer. Do three to five sets.
There you have it folks... using the exercise ball. Being creative, you will think of more exercises. Always feel free to call me or email me regarding these exercises. Many of you already have.
Have a great life everyone! Jimmy O