Monday, December 3, 2007

MIND, BODY, SPIRIT

Remember, as a youngster playing games, all sorts of games, from hop scotch to beanbag to any kind of game played with a ball; and yes we can't leave out jumping rope. Sure beats drinking cod liver oil for a healthy mind and body. Oh yes, we also possessed a "I can do anything" spirit. Wonder what would happen if we revisited (to a lesser degree) a few of those fun things. For many of us I think we lack that daring "I can do it" attitude. Obviously, some of us can't for health reasons. However, most can do something in the way of exercise to some degree. When interviewing people of all ages I have discovered that people don't exercise because the disease "I am comfortable" sets in. Status quo. If I am comfortable, I do not move. I don't find many books on "self comfort controll". Just because we age does not mean we have to get old or allow our mind to become addicted to the mind set of "don't have to exercise...its my life." Until we change our thinking we will not change our life style...unless tragedy strikes, then we our forced to change.
TODAY...LETS CHANGE the comfort zone to a I'm going to do it attitude. You can begin with a folding chair, a stretch band and a ball...and right in your own home if you like. I call this my portable gym. If you did not know your age, how old would you be? Take care of yourself so no one else has too. We look out for ourselves financially...what about our MIND...BODY...AND SPIRIT. HAVE A GREAT LIFE EVERYONE! jimmy o

No comments: