Sunday, March 21, 2010

FITNESS SPACING!

Hello and welcome everyone! Welcome to my space! If it's blogger time, it has to be Sunday.
My "spacing" definition is this...in my training, workouts are divided into 3 parts. The now...
what I need to accomplish in the next 30 days. The transition...what I need to accomplish over
the following 30 days. The transfer of individual drills to sprinter power and speed. The finished
product...fine tune, self critique, peaking at the right time and exercising my mental toughness.
All the drills are written down prior to the NOW space. I repeat drills until I get it right...
until I'm satisfied with the results expected. After the "space periods" I begin to ease up about
two weeks before the event. When I compete five straight months (as this year), I have to
adjust my spacing according to the time frame allowed. I am looking at 5 straights months
of competition...so the last 4 months is devoted to SPACE period 3...fine tune, adjustments
and corrections. I focus on the MENTAL aspects of the competition ahead. Mind games...I
design and create disruptions. Time of day I work out, lane changes and my routine. The week
before the events...I do not change the routine I have written down. First to the Finish Line...
where winners always meet.

Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
www.jimmyo.stemtechbiz.com
Email: sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: