Saturday, November 30, 2013

Underdog!

Welcome everyone...emotion plays a role in this blog. I will be
emphasizing a special person...the underdog. For those of you, who
have followed me over the years will recognize my thoughts and
words. Since the year 2003 I have devoted my time and worked with the physically and mentally challenged. 100's of men and women with disabilities have participated in my fitness classes and
various sports classes. I have spoken the words several times...
" I am overwhelmed by people with less, do more." Throughout my
life, I have always thought of myself as the underdog. Aside from
people with physical and mental challenges, a great majority have
less physical and athletic ability and skill...and yet, they still WIN.
Why? These men and women think "outside the box." They are
forced to create a strategy...to win. This is true in business as well
as sports...in all of life. Never underestimate the power of the
underdog! My book recommendation this month is David and
Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell. He appeared on 60 minutes about a
week ago. A must read!

Have a meaningful life everyone...JimmyO
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com

No comments: