Saturday, January 11, 2014

ENEMY # 1

Welcome everyone...12 months ago I started research and study
program regarding exercise and it's effect on men and women age
50 and older. I didn't have any preconceived ideas. I personally got
involved for 30 days. Data and results are about 24 men and women and me. So, let me share what we have thus far. Participants had to stop their normal exercise/training routine. Their
exercise was limited to walking for 60-90 days. Withdrawal was
evident immediately. Indecisiveness, lack of goal setting, attitude
and personality changes. Weight gain, craving for unhealthy foods.
Alcohol consumption increased. Quality of work went south. Their
outlook on life became negative. They began to see themselves as
failures, not winners as previously. They became withdrawn. Social
life suffered. Now getting back into an exercise routine was not easy.
Attaining that mental toughness was the most difficult. I will update you on our conclusions in future blogs. So, don't stop working out. My take...don't become my worst enemy.
Have a meaningful life everyone...Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com



No comments: