Saturday, June 18, 2016

Muscle Bound Brain

Hello everyone...yes, you can have brain muscle bound as well as be muscle bound. Causes of being brain bound...worry, interruptions, adverse conditions, the unexpected. Enter, block outs. The Rio Olympics are six weeks away. Watch for the mental side. Several years ago, Mary Decker Tab was being interviewed by a sports journalist. Mary was a world champion in the 1500m. Mary was asked, "what do you think about before a race/" Mary replied, "I think about all the things that can go wrong before and during the race. But most of all I think about winning." On a personal note, I deliver 30/40 motivational speeches each year. I have never used a podium or notes. Five days prior to speaking, I get in my car, drive in traffic and rehearse. I invite disruptions...stay focused. I prepare for the unexpected and block it out. Mental toughness.
Have a meaningful life everyone...Jimmy O
www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com

No comments: