Sunday, May 20, 2018

HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH???

Welcome everyone...Forgive me for getting personal today. I am safe to say that each one of us has sloughed off in a training/workout session and yes, even a competitive event. That move is shameful... it all begins w/our workouts. When we don't trust our body and mental capacity...you are in "deep dodo." In 2004 I began competing in the Senior Olympics, Senior Games, Masters, State Games and qualified five X for the Nationals. Sports...Track & Field, Tennis, Racquetball, Pickleball and Martial Arts. I train 2 hours each day, 6 days a week w/5 hours devoted to T&F. 48 weeks, 240 hours, 14400 min. I have to prove myself in seconds. 50M, under 8 sec., 100M, under 12.5 sec., 200M, under 32 sec. You might say, "that's over load." Could I have worked less? I don't know that. I have won gold in all 5 events...add long jump and high jump. Competing in the 67-75 are class. And I never know what the competition is going to do. Before each event I visualize myself winning. I feel the rush/thrill. How much is enough...everything you've got and then some. Rather overwork than underwork. Jimmy O

No comments: