Monday, May 18, 2020

Pre Hab

Welcome everyone...most of you are familiar with rehab...Prehab is a new word and treatment for both injury and illness. I began designing this  over two years ago. The beginning  really began over 10 years ago when a local hospital retained my services in treating heart patients. Soon 2/3 medical facilities will install this program in the treatment of patients prior to surgery. Introducing patients to fitness treatments prior to the surgery...getting the mental and physical accustomed to certain "structured" exercises. In my mind, the program is critical for a full and complete recovery. The structured "Prehab" is also a "bridge" from patient's discharge to at home recovery. One other note...I overheard some athlete's arguing over amount of time training vs. competing. "It isn't fair." Comment..."when and what is sufficient time training?" In track and field, I'm a sprinter, 50m., 100m,. 200m., add long jump and high jump. Time training...37,440 min., 624 hours in a year's time. I have 14 sec. in the 100m to prove myself, 32 sec. in the 200m., and 7 sec., in the 50m. www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com

No comments: