Saturday, February 9, 2008

OLYMPIC TRAINING

Hello everyone! My Senior Olympic training program began in earnest on February 1st. The following is an overview:

  1. Six days per week...Monday thru Saturday...three hours a day.
  2. Weight lifting...lower body 2x a week and upper body 2x a week...0ne hour each session.
  3. Plyometrics 3x per week...one hour each session.
  4. Sprinting and speed bursts 2x each week...one hour each session.
  5. Yoga...2x each week...45 minutes each session.
  6. Spinning...5x each week...45 minutes each session.
  7. Abs 3x each week...30 minutes each session.
  8. Racquetball 2x each week...one hour each session.

As the outdoor track season draws near (April) I will change my routine. I have attempted to address some of the questions I have received over the past two months. Two other questions: Why do I train like this and do I get bored with training. No I do not get bored, I love to exercise. Simply stated...I love the challenge of training, becoming better and I hope being a role model for young and old alike. I love to compete. It is my lifestyle...a healthy lifestyle. Working out sure beats the heck out of growing up on a dairy farm as a young boy .

Have a great life everyone!

Reference:www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com

No comments: