Sunday, September 21, 2008

FITNESS WAKE UP CALL FOR SENIORS

HELLO AND WELCOME EVERYONE! This is an urgent call applicable to anyone over age 50. Start your healthy lifestyle today! I began my fitness journey 10 years ago at age 60. First walking, then running, then formulating an exercise program. My new lifestyle included a healthy food plan along with exercising. Yes, I was out of shape...not even close to where I wanted to be. I postponed THE BEGINNING several times before I got mad at myself for procrastinating. I wanted to start getting fit, but kept holding back. There is an old saying, "if I am comfortable, I do not move." Two keys to my getting started...1) give up my "comfort zone." 2) my mental state had to change. So to begin, I had to replace my inactive way of life with a goal, ACTIVITY GOAL. Physical activity is driven by our mental state of mind. If we want to achieve something worthwhile in life, we have to give up something...have a goal in mind and then visualize ourselves as already being there. We begin to act and behave as though we were already there. For me the journey began. And the journey is never ending. Every exercise gives me a feeling of accomplishment...a feeling I do not want to let go. "To get there, start here...begin now."

Have a great and meaningfull life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: http://www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com/

No comments: