Sunday, April 12, 2009

CAUTION FOR SENIORS!

Hello and welcome everyone! Happy Easter! Let me start off by thanking everyone who have
sent me kind words regarding my blog, website and the videos which appear on You tube. Also,
questions are always welcomed. A caution to Seniors. The weather is getting better and we want
to get outside to train. Don't rush it. Forget the stop watch for a few weeks. I stated in an earlier
blog that I had a hamstring problem for most of last year. Wednesday of this past week I felt a
twinge in the same leg. I was doing uphill sprinting and plyometrics and other "hill" drills. I shut
it down right away. Friday's workout, I did a 30 minute warmup, then stretched for 10 minutes.
After that I did 10 progressive speed bursts...10 yards at 50% of capacity and then 40 yards at
65% capacity. Saturday, I did abs and circuit for legs...Very light. Today I feel great. Reminder,
your notebook and training schedule are just as important as your shoes. In closing...all of us
deal with physical and mental issues. Stress is ever present, deep breathing is a stress reducer
and so is working out. Wishing you the best. See you next week.

Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
E mail..sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: