Saturday, April 25, 2009

SECOND WIND, CATCH IT!!!

Hello and welcome everyone! Lots to share with you today...the American Cancer Society and Second Wind Fitness Film. I stated in my blog last week that I was invited to speak to the various staff members in the region. What a great group! This was the first time that I have spoken publicly regarding my bouts with cancer. Very emotional for me. I didn't have a "melt down" but close. I will "partner" with the Society in raising funds between now and the
Senior Olympics...and I hope beyond. My theme this year is "The Sprint For Life." That's my motivation, as it was last year. This (for me) is more than raising funds. I want to talk with
survivors and care takers...I want to listen to them and learn. I need them in my life and hope they need me. This is about life and hope...and perhaps together we can "meet at the finish line,
winners."
SECONDWINDFITNESSFILM...that's the title of the dvd I produced in 2004. Production took
12 months...35 hours of filming. That is alot of film to edit into a one hour production. The film will challenge anyone, at any age and at any level of competition. The film displays actual
exercises that I perform in any given day. Also, includes interviews with people who exercise.
The youngest was 57 and the oldest was 91. All had health issues ranging from diabetes, blindness and an amputee and a double hip replacement. Oh yes...they all had SPIRIT and a
"can do" attitude. "Second wind"...most of us realize the importance of getting our breath for the final push. The second wind is invaluable. The title, Second Wind Fitness Film applies to
any one "getting back into fitness." We catch our second wind. Seniors...catch your second wind.
Second wind is our second chance to keep going. Make the most of it!

Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
E mail: sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: