Sunday, April 19, 2009

THE SPRINT FOR LIFE!!!

Hello and welcome everyone! Some of you already know that in my quest for gold in the Senior
Olympics, I am sprinting for cancer victims and survivors. Monday I will be speaking to the
American Cancer Society. This will be the first time that I will be speaking publicly about my
bout with prostate cancer. Monday will be very emotional for me. I want to do more in the
fight against cancer. So, for me the Senior Olympics is more than competing...it is the challange
of fighting for a great cause. Yes, it is about life and hope. This is the driving force behind my
dedication. I cannot give up...and I won't. I am sprinting for life...for someone to survive.
I believe there is an inner "SPIRIT" that exists within anyone who overcomes tragedy...
the "WILL" to not only survive, but to achieve greatness. Survivors seem to thrive on the
detours of life. They have the spirit that moves not only themselves, but others. They root
out pity and excuses. Survivors "set the bar." The benchmark belongs to SURVIVORS. All
of us have survived at least one tragedy in our lives. My hope..."be first to the finish line...where
winners and survivors always meet."

Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
E mail: sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: