Sunday, June 14, 2009

"FIRST to the FINISH LINE" for survivors

Hello and welcome everyone! The date...Friday, June 12, 2009. I had the honor of speaking to
cancer survivors and care givers. An estimated crowd of 2,000 attended. This was a very
emotional and humbling experience for me. This marked the second time I have spoken publicly
regarding my fight against cancer. The energy from the crowd was awsome...I could feel it!
No one was "giving in" to cancer or "giving up the fight." COURAGE and HOPE are the two
words that come to mind in describing the face of the people in attendance. This experience will
live within me for the rest of my life.
I am more motivated than ever to compete in the 2009 Senior Olympics. The "face" of the
crowd will be etched in my mind for every event. I am so thankful that I have the health to
compete. My mission...make the most of it. Be at my best throughout..."First to the FINISH LINE" burns in my every fiber. The challenge that lies ahead for me is minuscule compared to
the challenge facing some of those in attendance on Friday. My challenge is not a burden...
it is a "calling." A calling that I accept. Whatever measure of success I achieve is a gift to those
that cannot.

Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
Email: sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: