Sunday, July 19, 2009

MOST POPULAR SENIOR FITNESS

Hello and welcome everyone! Last week, you will recall, I was really "down." My greatest fear,
injury, took me out of the Senior Olympics. I have been in rehab this past week, trying to ready
myself for the Senior Games on August 8. This week will determine my availability. It is
difficult to overcome a groin pull, adductor and hamstring pull.

This week's blog will be like a smorgasbord...take what you like and the rest leave for someone
else. I am convinced that more and more Seniors need to change their "mindset" toward fitness
and living a healthy lifestyle. We tend to gravitate into a certain "comfort zone." The comfort
zone of "habit" can be dangerous to our health. WARNING...habits can lead us into a rut. We
become blind to healthy options. Modern medical science will prolong one's life...no matter the
status of our health. Today, age 50 is moving closer to being middle age. That is a fact. That being
the case, why not live a healthy and totally functional life. The benefits of exercise and healthy
eating can help produce the following: reduce stress, reduce blood pressure, build bone density,
look better, feel better and gives you a refreshing outlook on life. The people around you will
appreciate you more. Over this past year 171 people over the age of 50 attended my classes
"Balance Your Life." 160 were women and 3 were over age 90. The class was rated the most
popular and most effective among Seniors. The one comment I heard over and over again was
"I never realized exercise could be so much fun!" Do not rely on the status quo. Nothing ever
remains the same. Either something gets better or it gets worse. How do you get better?
START NOW! Case in point...Tom Watson!

Have a great and meaningful life! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
Email: sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: