Sunday, July 12, 2009

SENIOR OLYMPIC SHOCK!!!

Hello and welcome everyone! Saturday, July 11, was a very sad day for me. Four seconds into
the 100m (my first event) I went down in severe pain. I pulled a groin muscle. That ended my day. I was to compete in my usual five events. Today, I am limping around, still in pain. I feel so bad for all the cancer survivors that I had dedicated the Senior Olympics to and my sponsors and support group. My sinscere apologies
to all of you. You deserved better. I would rather have lost every event than go out via injury. I
have the Senior Games in August. I hope and pray my rehab will get me there. A look back...
all the training and tough workouts, down the drain. Hours and hours of prep time, lost. A look
ahead...start over and come back stronger and better than ever. I need to redeem myself. This
mission will what I am made of...my mental toughness. Yes, I have something to prove.

Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com

No comments: