Saturday, September 4, 2010

THE OUTER LIMITS!!!

Hello and welcome everyone! Earl is the big name in our weather now. Have a safe Holiday
everyone. Let's spend a little time on the words "outer limits." I believe that each one of us
possesses "inner" and "outer limits." Most of the time we function within our inner limits.
This applies to work, driving a car, working out, jogging, any sport and yes even shopping. When
we THINK we have reached our limit, we stop. We say "I'm tired" or "bored," or "I can't do this
any more." We tend to function based on our "function history." It's like we know our limits ahead
of time. Now let's reach "outside of our norm." Example...we are painting the house for the third
time and we know (from our function history) how far we get in a day. This time however, we are painting better and faster and and have this surge of energy and we want to finish painting
in two days. AND WE DO! People who experience "a rush" are reaching the outer limits of their
capacity. And we may pause and think where did that come from? Heroic deeds are the result
of people reaching their outer limits. Can we learn to apply this whenever we want to? Perhaps,
but we first of all have to learn what will trigger this. Without thinking, certain situations will
cause this rush of energy. I call this unplanned rush. What about the "on call" rush. This can
apply to staying up later at night, waking up earlier in the morning, eating that extra piece of
pie or can be applied to working out or playing sports. Example...assume my workout is for
one hour...I have maxed my inner limits, but today I want to go for one hour and ten minutes.
I begin to think about this prior to starting my workout. My brain is gearing up (getting ready)
for a change...something new, and is ready for the challenge. I do this in my sprints...with 20
meters to go, I say the word now. And I find I have something left to expand and reach my
"outer limits." Does this work all the time...no. But it works more often than not. Experience
reaching your outer limits more often.

Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
www.jimmyo.stemtechbiz.com
email: sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: