Saturday, August 13, 2011

SPRINT FOR LIFE

Hello and welcome everyone! As promised in last week's blog..."my sprint
for life." Mid April 2004, heading to workout at one of my favorite track's. I was now a "prostate cancer survivor" of one week. I dropped my 2 duffle bags under the same tree as I always did, with the same
squirrel scolding me and throwing butter nuts at me. My routine...start
with jogging 400m. I jogged about 50m and stopped. I started back to
pick up my duffle bags and talking to myself..."who are you trying to kid?
Your life is over. Give it up." I slowly walked toward my car...defeated.
When I reached my car, I heard another voice. "Quitter. You are giving up." I turned and trudged back to the track. "If cancer was going to defeat
me, I'm going to go down fighting!" I don't compete for myself, I compete for those who cannot. For me, it is more than winning gold medals, it is giving hope to those who have lost faith and the families of the cancer
victims. It is about life and everyday of my life is a blessing." My sprint for
life." That's why, many times I sign off with"First to the Finish Line, where
winners and survivors always meet."

Have a great and meaningful life everyone! JimmyO
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
www.jimmyo.stemtechbiz.com

No comments: