Sunday, April 29, 2012

UPHILL

Hello and welcome everyone! Getting ready to  compete...long before "event day," challenge yourself physically and mentally. Envision exactly how you are going to compete and consider all the things that can go wrong. "Play" the event over and over again in your mind. I call this mental conditioning. Being a sprinter, I challenge myself by sprinting uphill forward and backward. The hill is 40 yards long with a 20 yard incline. I do this 10x and also add plyometric drills going uphill. Two days later, I sprint up steps (67) 10x. A one minute rest between each one. Dedicate one day each week to workout on the track. Go with progressives...50's, 100's, and 200's. All my workouts are for 90 min.


Have a meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference:   http://www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com/

No comments: