Sunday, March 17, 2013

GAP

Hello and welcome everyone...workout transitional training. This is
critical in my conditioning and building endurance. My blueprint
contains 33 drills...progressive in nature. Sports I compete in...track
and field: 50m, 100m, 200m, 4oom, high jump and long jump. Also,
tennis and racquetball. So, over my training period (varies, but
usually 9 months) my drills evolve from one set to another. Each set has 4/5 drills. This past week I added the sled pull. Started at 30
lbs and will increase to 40, 50 and 60 lbs over the next 6 weeks. I
don't just pull, I sprint in the sled work. Imperative to keep correct
technique and posture. This wk.I will add drill on a curved treadmill.
I sprint as fast as I can for 45 sec. 5 sets with a one min. rest period
between each set. I will end this drill after 4 weeks and train outdoors
and begin speed bursts in the track. Using the interchangable parts
system, I create muscle confusion, focus and interest in what I have
to do to get ready to compete at peak performance level. One last
and important note...at some point in the training/drill period, I
begin to shorten the rest period. I call this "close the GAP." This
technique enables me to develop mental toughness.

Have a meaningful life everyone...Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com

No comments: