Saturday, June 8, 2013

SPEED

Hello and welcome everyone...as promised, "transition." I am two
weeks away from my first big track and field meet of this year. Let's go back in time...to the prep and conditioning drills. The 2X4
push drill from one end of the gym to the other. Sprinting, pulling
the sled with 40 lbs of weight for up to 30M. Squat, jump and extend hands above my head lifting 12 lbs. All 5 sets. Now,
transition those drills to my T@F events...50M, 100M, 200M, HJ
and LJ. My final prep for the next 10 days consists of a 90 minute
workout...high impact. This is not for the weak of heart. After a
30 min. warmup...I do the following. Five 40M speed burst. Then
3, 200M sprints at 80 % capacity. Then three 100M at 80% capacity. Then three 50M sprints at 90% capacity. Then a 30 min.
cool down. You can apply these drills to any sport. I want my training to be tougher than the actual competition. I will be ready
to win and break all existing records. Stay tuned!

Have a meaningful life everyone...JimmyO
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com

No comments: