Tuesday, November 4, 2008

SENIOR WOMEN FITNESS WANT BALANCE

HELLO AND WELCOME EVERYONE! This is a running start in my weekly blog. As most of you are aware, I publish my blog on Sundays. I wanted to give all of you a "heads up." This is a fascinating and refreshing revelation (at least to me) about women and fitness. Three weeks ago I started teaching a class with an emphasis on balance. This class was open to senior men and women. Well, my class is made up of all women. Just think for a moment! I am the only man in a room full of women! So, forget about the script...the gals run the class. This is the best class I have ever taught! Fun, laughter and yes, balance exercise. I marvel at what these women have accomplished. I will give you " the highlights" on Sunday!!!
OK, so I could not wait until Sunday to get at this blog. More excited about this one than any of the previous. On Tuesday one of the women asked me if I had seen the segment on "balance," on GMA. I stated I had not. The women went on to say that GMA reported that" balance classes" were the most popular among seniors! After my class I went to the GMA website and sure enough, I read what was being reported. I will paraphrase the report: Seniors at risk...EVERY 18 SECONDS A SENIOR FALLS AND GETS HURT. EVERY 35 SECONDS A SENIOR DIES FROM A FALL. THIS IS SHOCKING NEWS. Over the past 5 years "balance" has been an important
(fundamental) part of my teaching/coaching for any age. BALANCE will now take on even more significance. Women are more aware (my opinion) of the need for balance than men. Why? I don't know. I encourage the medical field initiate programs for Seniors regarding balance. Furthermore, Insurance industry should pay for these classes for Seniors. AARP should get behind this movement. In previous blogs, I have refrained from "preaching," however, I felt I had to speak out today for Seniors. I assure all of you, I will do all I can to bring about "BALANCE" in the lives of Seniors. So, to all the women in my class...THANK YOU!

Next week I will bring to light some of the exercises these women perform in the class. Here is one teaser...hopping on one foot in 4 different directions!

HAVE A GREAT AND MEANINGFULL LIFE EVERYONE! JIMMY O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
Email: sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: