Sunday, November 30, 2008

PRACTICAL EXERCISE FOR SENIORS

HELLO AND WELCOME EVERYONE! I want to bring you up to date with "my world." Everyone is welcome into my life. This past August, right after the SENIOR OLYMPICS, I was
introduced to a young woman and her 7 year old son. He noticed the SENIOR OLYMPIC medals I was wearing and seemed somewhat captivated by them. So, I placed the medals around his neck and had a picture taken of the two of us. I later gave him a framed 8x10 pictureof the two of us. This past week I was invited by the young boy and his mother to speak to his second grade class of about 25. This was a great experience for me and they seemed to enjoy my talking about the SENIOR OLYMPICS. And, two of the women in my fitness class sent complements my way and how much fun they are having in the class. It's the fun more than anything that matters. I had a great Thanksgiving day with friends. I carved the turkey! Exercise!?
OK let's get started. Practical and functional exercise for anyone...especially seniors should be the order of the day. Playing a word game...when you hear the word(s) fitness club, the first thing that comes to mind for most people is weights or machines of some sort. For many that is a "turn off'." I am convinced that fitness and socializing go hand in hand. Most of us don't wake up in the morning and say, "gee I want to do something boring today." NO, I want to do FUN things today." Getting and staying fit must be fun! We need to ask ourselves, "what are some of the exercises that I can do in order to be functionally better in my daily life." Observe a class before taking the class. Bring a friend or partner. Fitness has a beginning, never an ending. That's why I tell my class, "you can leave but you will never graduate! Attaining better balance, at any age and at any level of fitness or competition will serve you well. BALANCE is the building block, the foundation of any fitness program. Remember the road to success will always be under construction.

HAVE A GREAT AND MEANINGFUL LIFE EVERYONE!
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
Email: sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: