Sunday, May 3, 2009

get "IT', get 'IT!"

Hello and welcome everyone! Where does the time go? It's May already! Here is a "gut check,"
what did I accomplish last month? How is my fitness program coming along? Here is a test...
write down the things you accomplished last month. Then write down the things you did not
accomplish. Oh oh! Time to "retool." A VIEWPOINT...fitness and conditioning programs tend to get caught up in a numbers game. We attach a number to each exercise; like 10 or 15 and so on.
Some of us are in a hurry to work the stopwatch. Others, who exercise on a track will pick out a certain spot on the track and feel if they get to that spot they are doing well. That practice is
"mind conditioning" in reverse. We are training our brain to STOP at that point. Brain stops...
body stops. Reverse mental conditioning ruins alot of athletes. We become our worst enemy.
CHANGE IT NOW! Increase your numbers from time to time. Don't stop (quit) at the same spot
on the track or when road training. Proper mental conditioning should make us better not worse.
For whatever reason, this past week I did not feel like going through my training routine. But I
forced myself to do it. I had my best workouts. MENTAL TOUGHNESS! Ever hear people say
"he or she has got it!" We should strive for IT.

Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
E mail: sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: