Sunday, November 8, 2009

BREAKING DOWN THE "MENTAL WALL!"

Hello and welcome everyone! Breaking down the "mental wall." Let's start there today. A
viewpoint...Many of our fears stem from emotion...not logic or reason. Our "mental block or
wall" stems from an emotion(s). Case in point...my toughest event in track is the 400m. I
developed a mental block regarding the 400m, even practicing it. Why did I run it? to prove
something to myself...to conquer my fear. The 400m is not my best or favorite event. Now,
as soon as I get on the track, before anything else, I run the 400m. I don't even give myself
time to think about it...I just do it. When conducting my classes, when I see people smile when
finishing an exercise, I know they overcome one of their fears. This is especially true with
the physically challenged. They have that look...I can do this!

Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
Email: sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: