Sunday, January 24, 2010

THE MENTAL CHALLENGE!

Hello and welcome everyone! I am back "in stride."Over the past two weeks I have faced one of
the greatest challenges of my personal life...it caught me unaware. For a few days I was stunned
and immobilized. I felt helpless...alone. Without going into detail, the situation caused me to reach deep inside myself in search of what I am made of and gradually pull out of my misery.
Sudden change in one's life can cause great mental strain and stress.

The reason to call attention to the above is this: Always expect the unexpected! For as long as I
can remember, mental fitness (toughness) is critical in getting through tough times. This applies
to ALL aspects of one's life. Know yourself. Self image..."the who am I, what am I and what am I
all about" is the foundation of maturity and growth. To "transcend." Webster defines transcend
this way..."to rise above." It does not mean to eliminate. People don't climb Mt. Everest
because it's there, but to conquer themselves. Conquering adversity leads to LIFE'S defining
moments...it defines your character. Fate is what life gives you, destiny is what you do with it.

Next week...my training schedule for this year's quest for gold.
Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
Email: sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: