Sunday, April 4, 2010

RAISING THE BAR!!!

Hello and welcome everyone! Happy Easter! This past week was bitter sweet for me. From
Labor Day of 2009 to April 1 of this year I conducted 11 classes a week, "Balance Your Life,"
with 371 participants in attendance. So, it meant saying so long until Labor Day. Lots of hugs
and tears. We are family! Let's visit this thing called "inner challenge." We hear and talk about
"raise the bar" also. Working out and training is for the most part an all alone thing. I play a
game. 1) change my routine 2) add one or two drills 3) challenge myself in at least one drill.
This can be done by adding reps or timing myself in the sprints. Also, I time myself in every
drill. My workouts are for one hour plus twenty minute warmup and twenty minute cool down.
NEVER, EVER cut corners or take shortcuts when working out. Remember you are conditioning
the mind as well as the body. A personal challenge, raising the bar is a mental thing first! Finish
every workout on a "high." Raise the bar higher with each workout. As a competitor, I keep
telling myself "someone else is better, someone else is doing more." The day of your event...
at the starting line...now mental toughness has to take over...visualize yourself winning!
Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O

No comments: