Sunday, April 18, 2010

STARTING OVER..AGAIN!

Hello and welcome everyone! Yesterday I and a friend of mine set up a booth at a Health and
Wellness Fair. The highlights...saw some of the participants from my class Balance Your Life.
I counted eight of them. Also met a few of the other vendors...Beth and Paula stopped by our
booth...alot of laughs. The lowlights...attendance was down. The poor attendance can be
attributed to a bad marketing plan on the part of the organizers and "mindset" of the consumer.
So, who is at fault? We all are...all of society. Those of us in the "health business" need to do a
better job at educating the general public through publications, forums and speaking engagements. We need to simplify our approach, our presentation and become problem finders.
I have had a saying for several years..."if a six year old does not understand what we are saying,
our message is too complicated." We need to stay away from the highly technical language.
We need to become better listners...not better talkers. So, I learned something yesterday, I
"relearned" what I already knew...ask questions and pay attention to what the consumer is
telling me. Yesterday was another learning experience for me. Carl Rogers once said "I became
a better teacher when I became an excited learner!"

Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
www.jimmyo.stemtechbiz.com
Email: sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: