Saturday, April 24, 2010

WORKOUT BLAHS!!!

Hello and welcome everyone! Let's go back a few years...OK, make it 65 years...that would put me at age 7. It's Christmas eve and I am anxiously awaiting Christmas day...to see if I get what I want. One waits for weeks and months for the big day. And suddenly, the day is TODAY! Am I ready? Fast forward...for me, that same feeling exists today...waiting for the BIG DAY...
the track meet or the game. My first "big day" is in two weeks. That's followed by six more
track meets. Am I ready?! I am ready! Anticipation is a big part of preparation. One of the
roadblocks...the blahs. Each and everyone one of us sooner or later will face THE BLAHS. For
me, today was one of those days. The day...Saturday, the time 7:30 AM, the elements...cold,
raining. My first thoughts...forget it, come back later, wait for Sunday. So easy, who will know?
I will know...am I a quitter? NO! My other thoughts...what would the competition do? I answered the question by digging in and worked out. Today was one of my best workouts.
Whatever the outcome in my events, I will always remember today and one other day about
two weeks ago. You must conquer yourself...it's a great feeling! That's the intangible of life!

Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
www.jimmyo.stemtechbiz.com
Email: sprint444@hotmail.com

No comments: