Sunday, July 24, 2011

2,160,000

Hello and welcome everyone! The heat is on! Caution and water are the key words to stay alive. In this weather, muscles can shrink (contract) by as much as 30%. When this happens, we have less oxygen and blood flow to the brain and muscles. Watermelon dialates the blood vessels thereby
allowing more blood and oxygen to flow. One needs to prepare for hot and humid weather long before. I covered this subject in detail in a previous blog. Today, I want to talk about "investment of time" in our fitness and exercise workouts. Workouts take on more significance for
competitors. I point toward my next event or phase. Fear drives me...fear
in what my competition is doing in their workouts. I'm a sprinter...anything over 400m, I take a cab. I workout two hours a day, six days a week. That's 120 minutes a day, 36,000 minutes in a year (50
weeks). That's 2,160,000 seconds in a year. In track and field, when I am
competing, I have to sprint in under 14 sec. in the 100m and under 32 sec. in the 200m and under 72 sec. in the 400m. At first glance, one might think, that's way out of proportion. The reward makes the investment worthwhile...for me anyway. I sprint for cancer patients and
survivors...I am competing for those who cannot. By the way, the above
math does not include the 15 one hour fitness classes I conduct each week. The word fun needs to be in your workouts. Next week...the
beginning of my climb.

Have a great and meaningful life everyone! Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com
www.jimmyo.stemtechbiz.com

No comments: