Saturday, March 8, 2014

ULTIMATE SESSIONS

Welcome everyone...this is a first in a series on the ultimate and
progressive personal workout/training regimen. In my vocabulary,
workout is singular...training is continual. My day begins with 5/10
minutes of meditation. I need quiet time/silence prior to my training
session. I visualize my entire session prior to starting. No headset,
no phone...just me. This also applies to my tutoring other athletes.
I start with a fast jog for 400m. Then light stretching for 15/20 min.
All my sessions require speed and explosion. Every sport/competition requires speed/explosion. I compete in seven sports...Track and Field, tennis, racquetball, softball, basketball,
pickleball and martial arts. Developing "fast twitch" muscle fiber
is critical. All of you know that in all sports, muscle fiber
development plays an important part in winning. For competitions,
fast twitch is #1. Marathons would be slow twitch...except when it's
"kick time." So, my fast twitch session contains a lot of Plyo. Each
drill is about seconds and minutes...NOT a numbers count. More
next week.
Have a meaningful life...JimmyO
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com

No comments: