Sunday, October 4, 2015

Against the Clock

Hello and welcome...as promised, I will list my basic drills. For 10
years I competed in T@F, 5 events, sprints, LJ, HJ. martial arts, tennis and racquet ball. Trained two + hours a day, 6 days a week, 48 weeks a year. If my math is correct, that's 576 hours, 34,560 minutes and 2,073,600 sec. And especially in track, I have to prove myself in less than 8 sec. in the 50m and 14 sec. in the 100m and 32 sec. in the 200m. How much is enough? That's what I had to do.
Drills...alternating daily. 1) lunges and X lunges with w/20 lb wts.
in each hand, 5 sets forward and backward, 10m. 2) skips, 5 sets, 10m. 3) high knee, heel to butt and skip. 4) jump sideways and when balls of feet hit ground, sprint forward and backward 10m. 5 sets. 5) Kangaroo hops forward and backwards, 2 feet at a time and then 1 ft. 5 sets, straightway or incline. 6) 8/10 Hurdles 32 inches high, going side ways, chg. lead leg each time through. 10 sets. 7) 10 lb wt. squat and explode jumping straight and push that wt. high
above your head. 5 sets, 10 X per set. 8) box jump, 5/8 boxes, about
two ft. apart, 1st box about 12 inches high and last box set at about
40 inc. high. POP drill. Fast, landing on each box. Pop off the ground. Will finish drills next. Have a meaningful life...Jimmy O
www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com

No comments: