Sunday, June 8, 2008

FITNESS OUTREACH

HELLO AND WELCOME EVERYONE!
Yesterday (Saturday) I worked out at a local high school track and was impressed with the number of people already on the track and the infield. I inquired as to what was going on and was told it was the "relay for life," a cause for fighting breast cancer. Women, men and children wearing shirts for the cause and most striking were the shirts with "survivor" in bold print. I was allowed to workout but I found myself visiting with many regarding cancer.
Being a survivor of prostate cancer I could connect with everyone there. After my workout, fitness and striving for a healthy lifestyle took on greater significance. Most of us have some physical or mental challenge in life or we are hurting from something. Perhaps it time to do more than just working out. I wonder what would happen if we invited others to join us. We need an "outreach" mentality....it is not only our responsibility but we have an obligation to do so. It is part of healing, becoming whole and yes surviving. Perhaps this is what "spirit" means in mind, body and spirit. I hope so. Sharing this, I just feel better about myself.

Have a great life everyone! Jimmy O
reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com

No comments: