Sunday, September 9, 2012

1 million

Hello and welcome everyone...all too often I hear athletes and
anyone in training complain and whine about having enough time
for training. The blame game always comes into play. Obstacles
and interruptions are a part of life. The road to success will always
be under construction...and so will the road to winning. Stay away
from the "comfort zone." Time is a great ally and it can be our
enemy. The choice is yours. How much time is enough...at doing
anything. I compete in track and field...50m, 100m, 200, HJ and LJ.
I work out 6 days a week for 90 minutes each session. For 45 weeks. That works out to 24,300 minutes. That's 1 million, four
hundred fifty eight thousand seconds. I have just a few seconds to
prove myself. Less than 8 seconds in the 50m, 14 seconds in the
100m, less than 32 seconds in the 200m, and under 71 seconds in
the 400m. Time...how much is enough. I turned 74 on July 3rd.

Have a meaningful life everyone...Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com

No comments: