Sunday, November 25, 2012

2X4 #2

Hello and welcome everyone...this is part two, 2x4 training drills.
Reminder, drills are progressive by design to prepare me for the
physical and mental part of being ready to compete at peak
performance. I listed four drills in last week's blog. We begin at#5.
5) sprinting up stairs and hills. I have a hill 40 yards in length with
a 20 meter elevation. 5 sets with a one minute rest between each
set. 6) Abs, laying flat on my back and holding a 12 pound weight
directing above my head, I sit up keeping the weight above my
head...that's the KEY. Five sets and 10 to each set. And the other
ab drill...lay on your back with your head and shoulders are at least
18 inches below your legs. Knees are placed over a foam pad
with feet placed under separate foam pad. Now come up about
3/4 inches and hold for 30 sec. 5 sets. 7) Toe taps. You can do this
drill next to any solid box or step with at least a 12 inch rise. Hold
10/12 pound weight above your head, begin to alternate each foot
by tapping toes on step or box. 5 sets, 15 sec. each set. A  form of
plyometrics. 8) Jumps...standing in one place, jump straight up and
bring your knees up to your chest. Do 30 jumps in 15 sec. 5 sets.
Next week, more of my drills.

Have a meaningful life everyone...JimmuO
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com

No comments: