Saturday, May 4, 2013

SOAP?

Hello and welcome everyone...a footnote to last week's blog. Want to get rid of a cold...rub Vick's Vapor on the bottoms of your feet.
Having leg cramps while trying to sleep...place a bar of soap at the foot of the bed, between the matress pad and the bottom sheet. Yep,
sounds crazy, but it works for 95% of the people.
OK, another transition, transfer of previous drills to my focus at hand. Up 'til now, my main focus has been on power, endurance,
stamina and developing mental toughness. Now the "bull work" is
over. Now I must transfer that training into quickness, speed and
finishing the event. I apply the previous 27 drills for my events in
track and field, tennis and racquetball. So, over the next four months, I will be doing speed bursts, plyo and with my main focus
on developing fast twitch muscle fiber. Once a week I will sprint
either up hill #30m, with a 20m incline or sprint up 67 steps. Ten
sets for each drill. Next week..."how did we do."

Have a meaningful life everyone...Jimmy O
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com

No comments: