Sunday, April 7, 2013

SURGE

Hello and welcome everyone...WOW! What a great response to my
blogs over the past three days. Greatest response volume ever in my years of blogging. Thanks to all of you for having an impact on
my life and for me to be a part of your lives. Last week's blog, 2
minute warning was timely, in that we are able to witness that time
and time again in the men's and women's NCAA basketball tournament. Just watching, one can feel the energy surge and the
mental part of the game take over. I want to experience that feeling
in my every day workouts. When one feels this energy surge, it
happens so fast we can't explain it...but we feel it. During this surge, the brain blocks out the fact that we are tired. We don't feel
fatigued any more. We want more! These brief moments of "surge"
are so precious in anyone's life...especially in the life of an athlete.
Select one or two drills that will help you attain that 30 sec. or two
minute surge. Here are two of my drills that I use. 1) I take a
sprinter's stance, place both hands on a 2x4, about 30 inches in
length and has a piece of outdoor carpet wraped around it and push
it as fast as you can for at least 10m. Three sets with 30 sec.rest between each set. 2) Plyo...standing on one spot, jump up as high
as you can and at the peak of your jump, bring knees up to your
chest. Do 30 in 15 sec. Rest one minute and do another set. Rest
30 sec. and do last set. Maintain form and technique, do not get
sloppy. You have just achieved your life defining moment. Surge!

Have a meaningful life everyone! JimmyO
Reference: www.secondwindfitnessfilm.com


No comments: